Finished!! In all its hasty, half-assed glory!
With a break for a run for meds and groceries and another for a phone call with my brother, I got the thing done in about 13 hours.
There is an embroidery needle at large somewhere on the sofa, so that adds this week’s danger quotient.
So here are some process pictures and the finished project.
While I like playing around with six strands of embroidery thread, it can get hopelessly knotty on occasion. As it did way early in the embellishment stage. But y’know, this project was meant to have a screen-friendly microfiber partial lining, so I said to heck with teasing the whole thing out. It wasn’t going to budge.
My eye doc recently gave me one of those nice glasses cleaning cloths, which I figured would make a good liner to keep the scratches on the screen to a minimum. Unfortunately, not big enough to line the whole cozy. But microfiber is a bear to push a needle through, so it’s just as well.
Then I had some additional embellishments and the closure to add, and here’s the result. With trademark imperfection, but I rather like it.
And here’s a closer view of the closure. The loop is made of elastic, which I had to run out and buy, since the package of elastic I remembered and dug up in my sewing kit had the Woolworth’s label on it. (!) Got some nice multiple-purpose 3/8″ white elastic. I had a brainstorm as I was contemplating how I wanted to attach the elastic loop. I took a set of Sharpies I’d bought some time ago and drew stripes along the elastic.
Like last week’s project, this was all repurposed stuff, or something from the stash except for the elastic, and I did actually have elastic, but it was a good 12 plus years old — well, five years older than that, because Woolworth’s closed in 1997.
So…very…tired… Am nodding off at the keyboard now, and I have work in the morning, so it’s nighty night for now.
And a moratorium on felt. Next week I’ll see what other types of trouble I can get into.